Friday, July 20, 2007

An Amazing night

Oh my goodness. What an amazing night. Tonight was the big night...talent, supermodel, everything. I can't tell you how proud we are. First of all, the level of talent for the preteens was phenomenal. There were fabulous singers, dancers, instrumentalists, even a martial arts black belt. Alex was right there with them. She played her piano piece like a pro. If you have a daughter, I strongly encourage you to get her into this pageant. These girls have learned so much about poise, self-confidence, teamwork, you name it. There had to be 300 people in the audience and these girls were better than any American Idol. I am amazed. There was a little 9-year old who could honestly do Broadway tomorrow. A ventriloquist who was only 10-years old, a violinist who could play with a symphony, I just can't tell you how great they all were. Marty was in tears when Alex played. This has been such a special week for our entire family. Tomorrow is the judges' personal interviews, so we'll see. We've had many of the directors and staff tell us they think Alex will make top ten, but we can't even believe it. We're just telling her to do her best. Please pray for all of these girls. They've all worked so hard. Again, I wish you were all here with us. Sorry I'm rambling again, but it's 1:30am. I'll try to call everyone tomorrw. Again, thank you for all of the messages. Sigmons, can't wait to talk with you.

5 comments:

GranMom said...

Alex, how pretty you look in your dress. You look just beautiful. I love the halter style that shows your shoulders. You do look like you are having a lot of fun and we are glad you are meeting such nice people. What wonderful memories you ae making. Of course I am kicking myself for not coming(if I could kick myself), but just know that we support you and believe in you...............not just in this, but in everything you do. I don't know who is prouder of you us or the Sigmon's. They have been wonderful. Good luck today and tomorrow..........we love you, GranMom and GranDad

fitness said...

Hi Alex. It's me Sydney. I hope you and Wesley are having fun. Alex you looked beautiful in your dresses. I hope I can be in a pageant on day too. I think you should win.

Love, Sydney

Oh how we want to be there!!!!
Alex - you look beautiful beyond words in those dresses. Do you think I could fit into either one?!

Thank you from the heart of my bottom (ha) for allowing your mom and I to be famous .....even if it is the most embarrassing moment of your life! We'll work on something good for next year too.

We are all so proud of you and can't wait for more info.

Marty - maybe you could call with details too....and don't worry about that new hole in your manicured yard. It'll grow back!

Love from all the Sigmons

Rev. Mike said...

Alex,

You look like a star and to us you are.

Miss Amy

ccstory said...

Alex, you look beautiful and I'm so proud of you! I cannot WAIT to see all the pictures - you'll have to bring everything to the beach! Good luck today with the interview and let us know how it goes. Keegan says "hey Alex" and can't wait to see you and Wes again soon. We love you, Chris, Christy and Keegan

fitness said...

Hi Alex! guess who! I love your website. I hope your having a great time in Nashvile! Sydey told me all about a Hanah Montana dance. That sounds neat! -sinclaire xoxo