Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Music City, USA, here we come!

OK , we made it! Alex and I dropped Wesley off in Waynesville with my parents. Thanks mom and dad! We met Cathy and Hannah Houck, our SC queen and mom, and we all headed off together. Great trip, but Cathy wanted me to navigate the mountains down to Tennessee. Good ol mountain driving!!

This is so much like the first night of college! Alex is meeting all of the the girls, we've been decorating our door (don't ask), girls keep coming in and out of our room. I tell you, if there was 80's music and a keg, I could swear I was back in college! (Not that I drank, no siree, not me!)

The best part of today is seeing that all of these girls are JUST like Alex. All nervous, but sweet. I was so proud of how Alex started going up and meeting girls on her own. Hey, that's worth the price of all of this! I've met some really interesting people, too. A travel photographer stopped by and looked at my camera. He and his wife shoot and write for AAA magazine. Cool, huh? The moms are all really sweet. I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Here's two more for today. Thanks so much for writing your sweet messages. We love them all!! Will write more tomorrow.

6 comments:

Amy Mills said...

First of all, I want y'all to know this is my first blog...thanks for bringing me into the 21 century!! Alex, I know you will knock their socks off with not only your beauty but your wonderful personality and will to succeed! Angie, I need to give you some credit too...being a pageant mom must be the life! Thanks for included me, so I can watch your daily travels and bring back a program. One more thing...when you get back, can you help me set up a blog for our Disney trip.

Thanks and good luck!!

Kristy Tolley said...

Who are the husband and wife who freelance with AAA? I might know them if they did work for AAA Carolinas.

Sounds like one big slumber party! How fun!!!!

Thanks for keeping us posted. We are thinking of you!

love,
Kristy

fitness said...

Just in case the last blog got deleted.........
Hi Alex. This is Sydney. I hope you are having fun. I wish I could be there too. I hope you are meeting new friends. I know that you are going to win. Do you want me to take care of your Webkins?

Love, Sydney

fitness said...

Hi Meredith Girls! I love the website - oldest girl - you are a genius! We are pulling for you both.......Alex - for you to of course win (and we think you should without a doubt) and for you mother Angie to be the mom with the mostest (which you no doubt will be too)! Keep the pictures coming so we can live the memories with you.

The girls were thrilled to see themselves on the front page...thanks!

Love to all!

fitness said...

Thought you would enjoy this....
Sydney wants to know what a keg is and why being able to ADD is bad?!

Gotta love it!

Call anytime.

Unknown said...

Hey Alex!

I am so proud of you. I just landed in Charlotte coming back from Boston, MA (actually Tewksbury). I will pick Wesley up and see you tomorrow night. I hope training and practice goes great tomorrow.

I love you!

Daddy