Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day Two!

Here's my new favorite quote: "If you wake up in the morning and you're not six-feet under and you don't have a chalk outline around you, you're blessed! Make a choice to have a great day!" Isn't that great??? That was from Dale Smith Thomas, the motivational speaker Alex and I heard today. She's the owner and director of "Bootcamp for Beauty Queens" and has been on Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc. She was so great! She told these girls today, "you live in the United States of America! I don't want to hear you whine or complain about anything!" Love it!

Alex had a busy but great day. She started off in registration where we were ushered from table to table, only to find out she had only minutes to get into her dress and head down for a talent rehearsal. She's playing the piano, so she's wearing a really pretty evening dress. I've never styled hair so fast!! Orientation was after that, lots of info and the speech by Dale. I can't tell you guys how great she was. She had us in tears and in stitches. I asked her to put Charlotte on her speaking schedule. She is a terrific corporate events speaker.

Tonight Alex had a four-hour rehearsal and is dead-tired. You'll all laugh, I had to hem one of her production outfits with tape!!! Ha! It worked, by golly.

Tomorrow is the personal expressions preliminary where she gets to wear the jeans she decorated. We'll check in with you tomorrow! Thanks to all of you who have left messages. We read every word and feel your support! Good night and God Bless you all.

13 comments:

fitness said...

Good morning Beauties!

Thanks for sharing Dale's comments - that was great for the girls and moms to hear. Alex - we are so proud of all you are doing in Nashville. We can't wait to hear about your adventures and all the girls you are meeting. There's no doubt that you will be the highlight of their conversations when they return home and talk about the sweet girl from Charlotte.

Tell your mom that she did a great job on your hair and makeup for the rehersals.

The Sigmons love you much!

fitness said...

Hey Alex!
You look so pretty in all of your pictures! I'm sure you're having a fabulous time :)
Hope to see you soon. I love ya!
-Lori

fitness said...

HI! I bet you know who this is! Im so proud of you. Erin and Kyle say hi!I miss you MISS PRETEAN NC! xoxo sinclaire

fitness said...

Hi alex! I love your website Little Miss Sunshine! We miss you! love sinclaire your bff!

fitness said...

hey alex! I saw your pictures they looked really good. You looked so pretty in all of your pictures. I hope you are having fun there. I will talk to you later!

Love, Jessi

fitness said...

HI Alex this is Sydney I hope
you are having a lot of fun
I LOVED all of your picturcs
they were grate. I had missed
you a lot I am glad that you are
my firend. Your nice prity and
all those cind of stoof

LOVE Sydney

richlyblessedmom said...

Alex and "Mom"

This is way cool! We can't wait to hear all about it. Take lots of pictures, mom (like we need to remind you!). Alex, you look beautiful and so confident and relaxed. Keep being you and you'll come out on top!
Love-Brenda and Claire

Smith 5 said...

Alex:
I hope you do well in this pegeant.
We will follow along and wish you good luck. You Rock! - Hunter

Angie:
Michelle is unable to read your blog, it is blocked in China, but we will keep her updated.

fitness said...

Oh mother Meredith - we're waiting to hear about day 3!!!

Alex - I too had the opportunity to line dance at the Wildhorse Saloon but we did not look as lovely as you beauties!

Have a fun day!

Love, Michelle

fitness said...

HI GIRL! I hope evrithing is going ok. I know your going to win so dont get stressed out. You will do great! I miss you so much! -sinclaire

fitness said...

hey alex i love you! sinclair

GranMom said...

Hey Alex.............I know you were glad to see Dad and Wes. You latest pictures are so good. You look so pretty and more importantly, you look as if you are having a great time. Even more importantly, we know you are just as pretty on the inside. I hope you like the necklace GranDad and I sent you........not just for this pageant.......but to always remind you of your faith. We love you and are so happy you are having this adventure. GranMom

carolina said...

Alex,
Your friends in the Queen City are clogging the internet with hits on your blog! You look wonderful and we know that you ARE a wonderful friend.
Thank you for sharing this exciting event with us. We can't wait to see you.
Love,
Miss Amy, Haley and Jordan