Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pageant Eve?

I honestly didn't think I'd be nervous, but I am. Now I understand why you see Miss USA's and Miss Universe's cry so much. When you've worked this hard for days, it will be fun and sad to see it all end. I don't know what I expected, but it's been a wonderful and an amazing ride. I wish you all could have been here. What I'll miss most are the sweet people I've met. Miss Pennsylvania Preteen's family has become so dear to us. There are seven of them here, all for her. The grandmother looks like she's in her forties, but is so cool. They've been so supportive of Alex, too. They're all from the north and have those thick accents, but with southern hearts! I've also become friends with Miss SC Sweetheart's mom, Stephanie. She's been so great with our younger girls, even bought Wesley a toy! Miss Iowa's mom shared with us how she got her daughter into this pageant because she had been severely bullied at school and had no self-confidence. She's confident and beautiful now, with an internship at a Fortune 100 company and a full scholarship to a top university. Miss California Preteen is a working actress in Hollywood and has appeared in "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Young and the Restless," Disney shows, Walmart commercials, etc.

Moms, if you have daughters (Smiths, Sigmons, Sipes, Struebings, Brooks, Valentims.....) I hope you'll consider this pageant. It's been such a great experience for Alex. It truly doesn't matter if you win, just being here with these motivational speakers, directors has been worth it all.

Tomorrow morning at 9:30am is the Finals. They'll do their first production number, then they'll call out the Final 10. Those ten will compete again in evening gown and question. They'll then pick 4th, 3rd, 2nd 1st runner up, then crown the very first America's National Preteen. Whoever wins will get a $2,500 scholarship and be booked on the first publicity trip to LA. Do I think Alex could win? Probably not this time. There are some pretty impressive 12-yr olds. I would love for her to make it into the Top 10. If not, she's fine with it. We've learned more about each other, made new friends and found out just how blessed we are to have you all in our lives. We'll be coming back with some souvenirs!!! Good night ...and please pray that whatever happens, God will be glorified through Alex and her actions. See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

fitness said...

Good morning Little miss Sunshines!

Today sounds like a big day for all and Alex I know you will do your best. By doing your best, you WIN! God has given you a wonderful experience to go with your beauty and talent so enjoy this day.

We will pray for confidence and joy for you this morning.

Love from all of us.

GranMom said...

Hi Alex, WHAT A WEEK!!!!! No matter what happens today, we are so proud of you and so happy that you have had this experience. It has been wonderful that you have had your inthusiastic, bubbly and friendly Mom to share it with. You have impressed a lot of people and made a lot of friends. We are going to the church service at Lake Junaluska this morning, but I will be thinking about you the whole time, I am sure. God will be with you to keep you calm and confident. Just relax and enjoy. You Mom, on the other hand, will probably be a basket case by the end. Take good care of her. Tell you Dad and Wes hello...........we love you so very mucy. GranMom and GranDad

fitness said...

Hi Alex I hope you are
the Winner. You look beautiful
in your pichers. I hope the
judges pick you to be in the top
10. I hope you are having fun.

love
sydney