Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday Afternoo

I have a few brief moments by myself in the hotel room so I thought I'd chat. I can't thank you all enough for your love and support. Christy, Grandmommy, Michelle, Sydney, Sinclaire, everyone!! We love, love the messages. Keep them coming!!

Today was the awards ceremony for talent, speech and supermodel. Our director said that one of the judges last night has been a Miss America judge for 20 years. She told her that in all her Miss America years she has never seen talent like the preteens displayed last night. She gave the first perfect "10" of her entire career. The little ventriloquist and the violinist were the talent winners! We were thrilled! I was so happy to see that it was EXACTLY who it should have been! I was so proud of our girls for being happy for them! Also, our Miss NC Jr. Sweetheart, Emily Farrington won in her division for Supermodel! She'll get a photo shoot by a top photographer and appear in Supermodel magazine. yay!

Alex had her 30-minute interview session with the judges this morning. She said it went GREAT! She said she was the "comedy" for the morning. Lord knows what she told them. Tomorrow is the BIG day, so I'll let you all know who the Queens will be. We're excited!

All of the NC/SC girls for the next week's pageant have arrived and we are thrilled to see them. We have such a strong group. Our director, Rhonda, thinks NC/SC girls will all place in the top ten. Wouldn't that be great? Huge winnings are at stake for the girls competing in the Jr/SR National Teenager. The winners each get a $25,000 scholarship, I believe. Hope Alex wants to compete in a few years. That would be a great way to get to college.

Another great motivational speaker today, Rick Kress. A preacher from Iowa, he encouraged all of the girls to set goals for their lives, then reminded them that it's God who still controls their futures. He had us in tears and received a standing ovation. I tell you, I feel like I've been at a week=long motivational convention!

2 comments:

fitness said...

Was Emily the red hair basketball player from Charlotte? I can't remember. I'm looking forward to hear about tonights event.

Sounds like this is just an amazing experience for all. I'm proud of you, Mother Meredith too!

Love to all

designer said...

Hello Alex and Meridith Family,
I love checking in,seeing the new pictures and reading about all the events...so exciting!
Alex.you look beautiful and you are just shining from the inside out!
we are rooting for you!
the Valentims